Here is a typical Feature Upvote suggestion board. We’ll quickly show you around, explaining 5 key features (identified by numbered purple circles).
1. Moderator shortcuts
Only product moderators see these icons. In order, they are:
- Moderation tools. When there are new suggestions or comments awaiting approval, you’ll see a small red circle containing the total number that are unmoderated.
- Dashboard. Customise your product page here.
- Sign out
2. Explanation text
You can (optionally) offer guidelines as to how to use your Feature Upvote page. For example, you might ask for customers to only use English, or to avoid posting customer support requests.
You can add this custom explanation text in your Feature Upvote dashboard.
We follow modern usability guidelines so users typically won’t need instructions though.
3. Ordering and Filtering buttons
Your customers have simple controls to change the suggestions they see.
- Top: By default, the most popular suggestions are shown first.
- New: Customers can choose to see the most recently added suggestions first.
- Filters: Customers can use filter suggestions. We’ve found that these six categories were the most used:
- All except done
- Under consideration
- Not planned
- Show deleted: (Only for moderators). If a customer makes an abusive or spam comment, you can mark it as deleted. Normally these suggestions won’t be visible anymore. However we still keep them in the Feature Upvote database. This allows you to view them if necessary, edit them, and possibly undelete them if you decide it was deleted in error.
The Search bar lets you search by text or filter by status. Read more about our search functionality.
5. Suggestion list
Initially the top 50 customer suggestions are shown in this list. Notice in the screenshot that one suggestion is “pinned” to the top of the list. If you have more than 50 suggestions, customers can use the search bar and the filter buttons to view more. The bottom of the list offers a “Show all” link for customers who want to see everything.
Want to test a live Feature Upvote board?
- Sign up for a free trial and experiment with your own suggestion board. You have 30 days to test it out and we don’t require credit card details, we won’t spam you, and we won’t try and bully you into a sales call. We want our customers to sign up for a paid plan because they genuinely like our product.
- Have a play with our interactive demo. You can freely add suggestions and comments without doing any harm to real products or having to create a ton of content yourself
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.